Friday, September 4, 2009

The Swing that Phil Built


When we first moved to our "Nile-view" house, one of Phil's first projects was building this hammock-swing. He built it out of eucalyptus poles, rope, and twine from the market. He actually wove the bed of the swing with twine. I'm so impressed with the creative and wonderful things he comes up with. He also built some great mosquito net hanger frames for our beds and a fence around our compost pit (among other things!).

The kids play on the swing for hours everyday. Whenever Evelyn disappears I can always find her down at the hammock - swinging and singing to herself.

3 comments:

Andrea Rooks said...

That swing is awesome!!!

Adam & Ali said...

Awesome swing dog. That is seriously amazing. I'm sure Em had her hand in it too. Super unique though, I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. And I'm pretty sure that spider is a lazezius screwphilicus. Look it up, most experts agree.

Jon said...

I wish we could come swing with you! I'm sure Graham would love it... What a great idea, idyllic spot. We love you all!