Thursday, September 24, 2009

A photo tour of our house

I tried uploading a video tour of our house, but the internet here couldn't handle it. So, use your imagination to piece these pictures together and you'll get a bit of an idea of what our home is like here!


Welcome to our house! The view as you step into our front door - the kids love running up and down our awesome hallway! Huge windows line the wall to the right, and three doors are on the left...


Door #1 - our bathroom. Do you love our toilet handlebars? The people who lived here before us had their elderly mother living with them, so we have all kinds of fun features like this.


Door #2 - master bedroom. I sewed the curtains and bedspread from local material.


Door #3 - the kids room. Jonathan feels super cool sleeping on the top bunk. Since this picture was taken, Phil made an extension railing that spans the whole length - now I sleep better at night! The kids and Phil cozy up on the wicker love-seat every night for Bible stories before bed.


Kitchen and Dining Room area.


Living room/porch - to the right there is no wall...just screen. To the left is the door to the guest room...
Living room...view from guest room door.


Guest room and bathroom. We'd love to have you come stay with us!


View of the main house looking from the living room toward the front door. The door next to the fridge leads to the pantry (where a fat rat has been getting into everything lately!). In the evenings Phil and I usually sit in those wicker chairs and read or watch a dvd on our laptop together.

Here's the view from our dining room window...lovely!

6 comments:

Adam & Ali said...

Better than MTV Cribs. Thanks for the tour Phil and Em. Looks like a great place. And your yard space with the fruit trees looks bomb-diggity.

Jon said...

Your house is amazing! I would like to reserve the guest bedroom for a week in exactly 11 1/2 months...

Dani said...

Beautiful! I love it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily! I loved the virtual tour of your house. I felt like I was walking through there myself towards the guest room where I'd drop my bags. I miss you! Love. Tia Julia.

Brian said...

Wow, that place is MAHOOZE!

Rachel, Andy, Christopher, and Kaela said...

Thanks for sharing pics of your house - it's always fun to be able to imagine the location a bit better when I'm praying for you guys. Your home is lovely and your children are beautiful!